Saturday, December 27, 2008

One year old today - a blogaversary!

I posted my first post on this blog exactly one year ago today. I've enjoyed developing the blog and writing the posts over this last year. I've also been pleased to see that it has attracted plenty of readers and that the readership keeps growing with a growing number of faithful readers who return regularly. I enjoy hearing from you via the comments section so please comment or ask questions. I'm also keen to have requests for topics that you'd like me to address. My writing and research covers early language development, literacy, children's literature and families so feel free to request posts in these broad fields and I'll do my best to address them.

I thought to note the anniversary I'd list some of the most popular posts over the last year:

Your baby can learn to read (click here)

The importance of play series (click here)

Basic literacy support series (click here)

Author focus series (click here)

Teaching and learning moments in everyday life (click here)

Key themes in children's literature series (click here)

Fathers and children's education (click here)

The Language Experience Approach (LEA) (click here)

Writing, communication and technology (click here)

Thanks again for reading this blog, please let me know if you have any requests - new topics, new authors for the author series, other key themes etc.

4 comments:

Terry Doherty said...

Congratulations! We enjoy reading your posts with ideas about ways to engage kids in learning and reading.

Trevor Cairney said...

Thanks Terry, I appreciate your comment, and even more, that you like the posts. Trevor

Prue said...

Happy blogiversary. I love reading your blog, and with my son starting school next year, and therefore learning to read I am sure it will be an even greater help! Thanks!

Trevor Cairney said...

Thanks Prue, it will be exciting to see your little boy at school, but also (I'm sure) a struggle to let him go off each day. Hope it goes well. Trevor